What we do
The UFBA’s role in supporting fire brigades goes way beyond administering service honours and running challenges. Our most fundamental function is advocating for our members on key topical issues and working to represent their best interests.
To add value for our members, we continually strive to improve and expand our service offerings. These include:
- Providing advocacy and representation services
- Administering service honours
- Resolving disputes
- Managing firefighter challenges and conferences
- Providing exclusive firefighter apparel through the Fire Shop
- Administering the benevolent fund for members in times of hardship
- Administering the Accident Assurance Scheme to assist firefighters who become injured while undertaking approved fire brigade activities
- Arranging member discount benefits through retailers, hotels, and other service providers.