Accessing the right psychological wellbeing support and expertise
As part of our commitment to supporting volunteers, the UFBA has developed this new workshop which focuses on the wellbeing of brigade members.
You'll gain confidence and practical skills to:
- Create a culture and environment where it is safe to discuss psychological wellbeing
- Help people get access to the right psychological wellbeing support and expertise when they need it.
This 1-day workshop will look at:
- How to have the tough conversations
- How to promote a culture of openness and acceptance to wellbeing issues
- And most importantly, where to find the tools and the support for yourself and your team when wellbeing concerns are raised.
Fire and Emergency NZ has endorsed this course as part of their Year One Volunteer Support Initiatives.
Damian D'Cruz will facilitate the workshop
Damian from Mindspring Limited specialises in leadership workshops for sporting and not-for-profit organisations and has designed and facilitated adult learning since 1992. He has managed a number of leadership workshops for Sport New Zealand who describe him as a 'gifted facilitator'.
Damian has facilitated leadership training for the UFBA over the last five years. He has also run a successful coaching skills workshop for VSOs in Region 2 of Fire and Emergency NZ.
2019 - 2020 UFBA Leading Psychological Wellbeing Workshops
- 30 August 2019 - Region 3 - Palmerston North (COMPLETE)
- 18 October 2019 - Region 1 - Whangarei (COMPLETE)
- 22 November 2019 - Region 3 - Palmerston North (LAST FEW SPACES)
- 21 February 2020 - Wellington
- 29 May 2020 - Wellington