Take a look at the 2018 season:
UFBA Combined North and South Island Regional Road Crash Rescue Challenge Feilding 24-26 May
Manfeild, 59 South Street, Feilding
North Island and South Island Accolades will be separate.
Online registration will open shortly.
UFBA National Road Crash Rescue Challenge Inglewood 21-23 June
Farmlands Dry Store, 110 Rata Street (access off Kahikatea Street), Inglewood
About Road Crash Rescue
The Road Crash Rescue Challenge (RCR) has become one of our most important events, mirroring the increasing number of road incidents volunteers are being asked to attend. This is a unique learning opportunity to practice rescue and medical response skills in true-to-life scenarios.
Teams consist of six members, including a designated team leader and a medic and have to race against the clock to extricate and treat patients in simulated road crashes whilst being scored on their techniques.
There are three surprise scenarios: Controlled, Time Critical and Entrapped. To assist in training for the event, rules and other resources are available to download on this page.
National and Regional RCR Challenges take place and are run in accordance with the rules and guidelines laid out by the Australasian Road Rescue Organisation. Each year, the UFBA funds three teams to attend the Australasian Rescue Challenge. Qualifying for a funded position at the Australasian Challenge works in the following ways:
On a North/South Island Challenge year, the three teams that receive UFBA funding will be:
• The overall winner of the North Island Challenge
• The overall winner of the South Island Challenge
• The third team is determined by random selection from the next best place getters from the North and South Island Challenges, provided they have not been previously funded to Australasian RCR in the last five years
On a National Challenge year, the three teams that receive UFBA funding will be:
• The overall winner of the National Challenge
• The overall runner up of the National Challenge
• The next best place getter of the National Challenge that has not been previously funded to Australasian RCR in the last five years.
Please log in to download this file
Some UFBA equipment is available to Member Brigades for loan. Please read the equipment policy above prior to filling out this form and submitting it to the UFBA office.