Are you an existing or new Secretary or Treasurer in your Brigade/Fire Force looking to enhance or refresh your skills?
The FREE comprehensive UFBA Secretaries & Treasurers Workshops will strengthen your skills and help you gain insights.
For Secretaries we cover:
- Role of the Brigade Secretary – meetings, agendas, minutes etc
- Rules and regulations
- Role and services of the UFBA
- UFBA service honours
- Planning service honours functions
- Practical session on Fire and Emergency NZ portal – SMS, volunteer policies etc
For Treasurers we cover the following:
- A role description | Honorarium
- FENZ financial guidelines, policies and forms | financial compliance and GST – when to register | Xero training documents
- Assistance for registered charities and how to apply for community funding
- Audit vs review | Incorporated society vs charity
- Brigade-owned assets and brigade rules – tailored to your brigade/rural fire force.
We will provide attendees with a Brigade Folder which gives those in either of these roles all the information they need at their fingertips.
This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and network with other brigade members in the roles. It's informative, fun and relaxed.
- Secretaries workshops run from 8.30am-12 noon.
- Treasurers workshops run from 12.30-4pm.
Sign up to a workshop near you:
- Sunday 10 March - Paihia Fire Station, 23-25 Selwyn Road
- Sunday 24 March - Dunedin Airport Conference Centre, 25 Miller Road
- Sunday 14 April - Matamata Fire Station, 9 Peria Road
- Sunday 19 May - Richmond Fire Station, Oxford Street
- Sunday 9 June - Foxton Fire Station, 7 Whyte Street
If you have any questions, please contact Jane Davie, Membership Support Coordinator, phone 04 237 2683 or email her