Are you an existing or new Secretary or Treasurer in your Brigade looking to enhance or refresh your skills?
We offer a FREE comprehensive UFBA Secretaries & Treasurers Workshops to strengthen your skills and help you gain insights.
This workshop is delivered by experienced former secretary (Tawa VFB) and current Treasurer (Porirua VFB) Jane Davie.
For Secretaries we cover:
- Role of the Brigade Secretary – meetings, agendas, minutes etc
- Rules and regulations
- Role and services of the UFBA
- UFBA service honours
- Planning service honours functions
- Practical session on Fire and Emergency NZ portal – SMS, volunteer policies etc
For Treasurers we cover the following:
- A role description | Honorarium
- FENZ financial guidelines, policies and forms | financial compliance and GST – when to register | Xero training documents
- Assistance for registered charities and how to apply for community funding
- Audit vs review | Incorporated society vs charity
- Brigade-owned assets and brigade rules – tailored to your brigade/rural fire force.
We will provide attendees with a Brigade Folder which gives those in either of these roles all the information they need at their fingertips.
This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and network with other brigade members in the roles. It's informative, fun and relaxed.
- Secretaries workshops run from 8.30am-12 noon.
- Treasurers workshops run from 12.30-4pm.
Online and accessible
Currently under anticipated travel restrictions from Covid-19, workshops are being run online through 3x 45 minute sessions in evenings to fit around volunteers busy lives.
To make an expression of interest for future physical workshops please Register here
If you have any questions, please contact Jane Davie, Membership Support Coordinator, phone 04 237 2683 or email her