Evaluate and rate the fire danger to both prevent and anticipate resources in the event of a fire
This Field Day is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to evaluate and rate fire dangers so as to make informed decisions about the control and management of fire activities.
Understanding the fire danger enables fire authorities to prevent fires and encourage fire prevention, to look at the likelihood of a fire starting, spreading and damage and to anticipate resource requirements.
Participants will be able to elect to undertake Unit Standard 14565 (Fire Weather Index). Please note that if you intend to do so, you must have completed Unit Standard 14564 (Demonstrate Knowledge of the Fire Environment).
If you wish to do this Unit Standard, you must register and indicate your intention no later than 8 June 2018 in order to provide sufficient time for you to complete pre-course work.
Date: Saturday 23 June
Time: 08:00 - 16:30
Location: Whanganui Fire Station
Dress: Smart Casual
- Understand and be able to apply the Fire Weather Index
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Fire Weather Index and its use
- Select fire reduction and readiness measures
Terms and Conditions
- The registration fee for this Field Day is $50 per participant (this includes morning and afternoon teas and lunch) and is limited to 30 participants.
- The fee for this Field Day must be paid for in advance
- Travel and accommodation costs must be met by attendees.
Download the Field Day Poster below