There are a wide variety of events that you can get involved with across the year, from Brigade to Provincial and even World Challenges.
FREE One to One Coaching and Mentoring
Calling all CFOs, Controllers, Deputies and Officers in Charge!
The UFBA is offering extra coaching and mentoring support to all members who’ve participated in our leadership workshops PLUS we're now opening this up to you, our active brigade and fire force leaders (whether you've completed the workshop or not).
The purpose of this coaching is to review what is taught on those programmes so you can confidently apply leadership best practice in your volunteering, paid work or personal lives.
Coming to a city near you!
The coaching is a combination of a 45-minute face to face session followed by a further two hours of over the phone coaching spread over the following weeks. All coaching sessions will be with Damian D’Cruz of Mindspring who you will know.
We're bringing this extra, FREE support to a city near you and on Sundays to make it easier for those that work during the week
The topics we discuss in the coaching sessions are treated as confidential.
The focus of this coaching can be anything covered in the Leadership and Governance and Psychological Well-being workshops e.g:
- Becoming a respected leader
- Improving interpersonal skills
- Adapting leadership styles to suit different situations
- Developing self-awareness
- Motivating volunteers
- Developing volunteers’ confidence and competence
- Encouraging good performance and attitudes and challenging unacceptable ones
- Resolving conflict
- Creating positive team dynamics and addressing dysfunctional dynamics
- Resolving conflict within the station and between stations
- Creating a positive station culture
- Creating a culture and environment where it is safe to discuss mental health
- Support people who need it, to get access to the right mental health support & expertise
Booking a Session
Coaching sessions are available in:
- Rotorua – 17 Feb 2019 (Completed)
- Auckland - 3 March 2019 (Completed)
- Wellington – 24 March 2019
- Nelson - 5 May 2019
- Christchurch - 26 May 2019
- Dunedin - 16 June 2019
45 minute slots are available between 8.30am and 4pm - To see which slots are available click here
Or copy and paste this link into your browser:
To arrange your time please email Jane at email@example.com
Enjoy this opportunity to gain the support to help you to help your brigade members.