Gain knowledge and experience with working safely with aircraft and loading water and additives for aerial operations
Maximum participants: 40
REGISTRATION FOR THIS FIELD DAY HAS CLOSED
Cost and Conditions
$40 per participant - this includes morning tea, lunch and barbecue.
Travel and accommodation costs must be met by attendees.
Because of the limited number of places available, you acknowledge, that by registering for this event, you will be liable for the $40 registration cost.
Uniform: Smart casual and Full PPE (Overalls/wildfire, boots, helmet, gloves, goggles)
This Field Day will give participants a good level of knowledge of:
- Safe working practices when loading aircraft with water and additives, and
- Hazards associated with aircraft at emergency incidents.
Participants at this Field Day will have the opportunity to do Unit Standards 3288 (Load Water and Additives for Aerial Operations at Vegetation Fires) and 20388 (Work Safely with Aircraft at Emergency Incidents).
If you wish to do these Unit Standards you must register and indicate your intention to do so by 28 April 2017 to provide sufficient time to complete the pre-course work.
To be eligible to do these Unit Standards you must hold Unit Standard 3285 (Working Safely at Vegetation Fires).
- Safe procedures for loading and unloading personnel equipment
- Survival procedures at an aircraft emergency landing
- Working as a crew in setting up a site for aircraft loading/filling operations
- Filling helicopter buckets with water and additives to safe load levels
- Understanding hazards associated with aircraft at emergency incidents
311 Lyndon Road East
08:30 – 16:30 Programme to be announced
16:30 Conclusion and barbecue/social gathering