The UFBA supports, represents and unites fire and rescue personnel throughout New Zealand.
All brigades and rural fire forces are welcome as UFBA members - our membership consists of urban, rural, industrial and defence brigades.
We are here to support you in the important work you are doing for your community.
If your brigade or rural fire force isn't a registered UFBA member, get in touch with us to find out how to join. Please contact:
Membership Support Manager
Phone: 04 237 2683 or 0274 428 655
Supportive services and events
The many supportive services and events we offer to UFBA member brigades and rural fire forces include:
- Advocacy and representation – we influence policy and legislation to advance our members' interests
- Regular news - keeping you up-to-date with the latest on topical issues
- Challenges – put your skills into practice experiencing the thrill of our competitions
- Training – learn from the experts and develop your skills and knowledge
- Conference – learn, connect and celebrate with members
- Service Honours – get recognition for your service
- Accident Assurance – benefit from financial protection
- Benevolent Fund – receive financial assistance in times of hardship
- Fire Shop – shop for fire and rescue products
- ID Card - benefit from discounts at shops, hotels and gyms
- Website Builder - use our toolkit to develop a website for your brigade.
Get the latest news
If you belong to a UFBA member brigade or rural fire force, register here to get the latest news about key issues regarding our fire services, take part in online forums, download documents and shop at the Fire Shop
Membership also extends to organisations beyond fire brigades. Associate membership is open to provincial associations, rural fire authorities and any other organisation or society that has interests in common with the UFBA.
Associate members are invited to attend general meetings of association and may be invited to speak, but aren't eligible to vote. To find out more, contact us