The NZFS has asked for UFBA input into reviewing policies relevant to volunteer brigades.
Policies currently under review
- Accommodation on station
- Assignment of rank and authorised command level
- Community liaison
- Conflict of interest, gifts, prizes and hospitality
- Fire station tower and pole maintenance
- Pregnancy and operational firefighting
- Property maintenance
- Protected disclosure
- Safety, health and wellbeing
- Self-help property project management
- Sponsorship and endorsement
- Standards of conduct
- UFBA conferences and competitions
To review these policies, the UFBA selects representatives from member brigades who have an interest and/or skills/experience in the relevant areas to form working groups.
These representatives are chosen from our pool of Leadership and Governance Workshop graduates and recommendations from the UFBA Board.
Interested in participating?
If you have an interest in participating in a working party, please contact:
Membership Support Manager
Phone: 04 237 2683 or 0274 428 655