The theme of this year’s conference is Building Strong Foundations—a reflection of the resilience and adaptability of Canterbury following the devastating earthquakes and the region’s ability to embrace change and grow stronger.
The Conference interactive workshops will provide delegates with ideas and resources on how to deal with change and lead through the fire services reform—thereby building stronger brigades and communities.
The New Zealand Coaching & Mentoring Centre is delivering two workshops.
1. Conversations for Change—Helping People Make the Transition
Organisations are usually change heavy and transition light. This practical workshop provides tools for change by focusing on the conversations you have with staff and volunteers to help them move from the old to embrace the new.
Conversations make a relationship and are a useful place to focus when leading people through change.
- Provides a 3-step tool for coaching through change
- Shows the importance of listening in change leadership
- Updates you on what neuroscience says about why people resist change
- Shows how to manage resistance.
2. Leading Through Change
When it comes to change, it is different strokes for different folks. This practical workshop looks at how people manage change and the strengths and weaknesses of different personal change styles.
It looks at the process of transition and the steps people go through when they leave the old and move towards the new plus shows how to help people at various stages of the process.
3. Encouraging and inspiring others
Damian D’Cruz returns to introduce a simple ‘what, why, how’ model for you to use in communicating change.
This active and engaging workshop covers:
- Inspiring others
- Managing your own response to change
- Fear response
- Grief response
- Attention density
- Coaching people through change.
4. Smarter, faster, better, cheaper
A ‘how-to’ and tips session from Debbie Mayo-Smith teaching you how you can be more efficient and effective: getting more done in less time, faster business processes and improved communication.
All from making simple little tweaks to what you do now. A sample of a few points we will cover include:
- Email Management – conquer email overload, manage your contacts, improve communication
- Email Communications and Database Marketing – top tips from the woman who wrote three books on it
- Cloud Software – Using free Office 365 or Google Docs to speed processes; connect with clients; Improve communication and boost personal productivity
- Smartphones/tablets – great timesaving business and personal productivity tips.
More about the 2016 UFBA Annual Conference
You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in (top right) or register.