There are two different way of cross crediting to get NZFBI exams:
1. Passes in Fire Service exams gives you credits towards NZFBI diplomas as follows:
- Candidates applying to sit NZFBI exams who have passed the Qualified Firefighters examination will have Unit 1 accredited.
- Candidates applying to sit NZFBI exams who have passed the Senior Firefighters examination will have Unit 1 and Unit 5 accredited.
Candidates applying to sit NZFBI exams who have passed the Station Officers examination (A,B & C) will have Units 1, 5, 6, and 7 accredited
2. By passing the TAPS Qualified Firefighter course and completing the consolidation log, you can cross credit two (2) NZFBI units:
- Unit 1 Appliances & Equipment
Unit 5 Fire Fighting 1
An administration fee of $10 will be charged for each NZFBI Unit being cross-credited.
The applications for this years examinations close on 1 August. Application forms can be obtained from the UFBA Office, or by clicking the appropriate link in the download list below.
If you have any further queries about the examinations please do not hesitate to contact us. (Verification of passing NZFS exams need to be produced to claim credits).