We value your privacy and take every step to ensure that your information remains confidential. The statement below is a summary of the policies employed by UFBA. By viewing and using this Site you will be deemed to agree to this privacy statement. If you do not agree to this privacy statement you should stop accessing and using the Site.
1. Collection: United Fire Brigades’ Association (UFBA) may gather two types of information about you from the Site: (a) personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services UFBA offers; and (b) aggregate information generated by UFBA’s systems, which track traffic to the Site but do not relate to you personally. If you do not provide necessary personal information when requested, certain services may not be available to you.
2. Disclosure of information: UFBA will only disclose any information that it gathers about you to third parties and partners if you have opted in to receive additional information at the time of registration, or to third parties when required to do so by law. UFBA also collects aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you. The UFBA will only share your personal information with third parties with your prior authorisation, which UFBA will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
3. Use: UFBA uses the personal information it collects: (a) to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for any of UFBA’s registration services; (b) to assist in providing the services requested by you; (c) for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys with your authorisation; (e) for ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and (f) for any other use that you authorise.
5. Content providers, advertisers and partners: UFBA does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Site and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of the Site or services. The Site contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as UFBA. UFBA recommends that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6. Opting in and opting out: If UFBA’s intended collection, use or disclosure of your personal information is outside the collection, use or disclosure set out in this Privacy Statement UFBA will give you the option to: (a) opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or (b) opt in to agree to be contacted by UFBA in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the Site, beta testing or promotional activities.
7. Holding, correcting and updating: Any personal information that you provide to UFBA will be collected and held by UFBA at its offices at 86 Main Road, Tawa, Wellington, New Zealand. If you are an individual, under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that UFBA holds. UFBA offers the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how UFBA services work or regarding this statement, contact UFBA by sending an email to email@example.com.
While we strive to protect your personal information, TIA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via email or online forms. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner.