Mental Health First Response
Strong mental wellbeing begins with each of us
Attendance to our workshops is fully-funded for all members including travel and accommodation where necessary. We encourage any brigade member at any level to benefit from these potentially life-saving skills.
Formerly known as Leading Psychological Wellbeing, our Mental Health First Response identifies ways to manage the many challenges you face in your role as a brigade member. You'll be in a safe environment with like-minded people who share similar experiences - here you'll gain confidence and practical skills to:
- Create a culture and environment where it is safe to discuss psychological wellbeing
- Help people get access to the right psychological wellbeing support and expertise when they need it.
This 1-day workshop will look at:
- How to have the tough conversations
- How to promote a culture of openness and acceptance to wellbeing issues
- And most importantly, where to find the tools and the support for yourself and your team when wellbeing concerns are raised.
Do you want to learn how to help yourself and others around you?
We advertise new workshops throughout the year and take these to the regions across New Zealand. Fire and Emergency NZ has endorsed this course as part of their Volunteer Support Initiatives.
Meet your facilitator Damian D’Cruz
A 'gifted facilitator', Damian from Mindspring specialises in leadership workshops for sporting and not-for-profit organisations and has designed and facilitated adult learning since 1992. For nearly a decade Damian has led leadership training for the UFBA and understands the pressures faced by brigade members.