We offer a FREE comprehensive UFBA Treasurers Workshop to strengthen your skills and help you gain insights. We'll also introduce the benefits of using Xero, cloud-based accounting software. This system will save you time and money, helping you run brigade business anytime, anywhere.
This Workshop is delivered by UFBA Member Support Coordinator, and current Porirua Volunteer Fire Brigade Treasurer, Jane Davie.
For Treasurers we cover the following:
- A role description
- FENZ financial guidelines, policies and forms
- Assistance for registered charities
- How to apply for community funding
- Audit vs review | Incorporated society vs charity
- Brigade-owned assets - we provide a list of your Brigade's assets
- Brigade Rules - we provide a copy of your Brigade's rules
- Brigade grants
- Volunteer reimbursements
We provide attendees with an exclusive resource folder which gives those in either of these roles all the information they need at their fingertips.
This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and network with other secretaries and treasurers. The workshops are informative, fun and relaxed. We run workshops both in-person around the country and online making them more accessible than ever!
- In-person Treasurers workshops run from 12.30pm-4pm.
- Online workshops run for 45 minutes from 7pm.