Build strong, sustainable brigades: Strengthen leadership and goverance
Strong leadership and governance skills are key to us working together to deliver essential fire and emergency services in our local communities. Enhance vital life skills at an interactive 2.5 day UFBA Leadership and Governance Workshop.
“Providing members with a range of leadership development opportunities helps strengthen the skills of our firefighters which benefits the growth and wellbeing of brigades.” Bill Butzbach, UFBA Chief Executive Officer.
A UFBA Leadership Workshop is an ideal opportunity for you to:
- Learn from leading experts in the field—Damian D’Cruz and Jane Huria
- Develop new leadership and coaching techniques
- Gain valuable insights into the key elements of governance
- Strengthen your professional development
- Enhance skills that will benefit your personal life, career and fire and rescue services.
Damian D'Cruz and Jane Huria facilitate the workshops.
Damian from Mindspring Limited specialises in leadership workshops for sporting and not-for-profit organisations and has designed and facilitated adult learning since 1992. He has managed a number of leadership workshops for Sport New Zealand who describe him as a 'gifted facilitator'.
“I have learnt many new skills that I can use in my day to day Fire and Emergency NZ duties. This will help me grow as a leader and to develop the brigade to be better than it already is.” Ed Love, Southbridge Volunteer Fire Brigade
Applications for 2019/20 workshops
- 18-20 July 2019 - Wellington
- 19-21 September 2019 (Region to be confirmed)
- 5-7 December 2019 (Region to be confirmed)
- 26-28 March 2020 (Region to be confirmed)
- 25-27 June 2020 - Wellington