Understand the response role of E Squadron (Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
E Squadron’s (EOD) was first established in June 2010, to provide a permanent domestic Chemical Biological Radiological Explosive (CBRNE), Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) & Improvised Explosive Device Disposal (IEDD) response at an Operational Level of Capability (OLOC) at all times in order to effectively achieve its directed government outputs.
The role of E Squadron (EOD) is to securely and safely dispose of conventional and improvised explosive hazards and commercial munitions and explosives in support of the NZ Police and NZDF, both Domestically and Deployed.
Date: Saturday, 24 March
Time: 09:00 - 13:30
Location: 204-234 Great North Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1021
Dress: Smart Casual
- Overview of the domestic role and the overseas operational role
- EOD capabilities – Common Munitions Disposal, IEDD, CBRNE, Civilian Ammunition
- Inspector, Special Forces Operations
- Awareness of how EOD (E Sqn) can support NZFS outputs at HAZMAT incidents
- Static display and explanation of equipment capability (Detection, Speciaiist Diagnostic Equipment, X-ray, Mitigation, Robotics, Render safe, Decontamination
Terms and Conditions
- The registration fee for this Field Day is $30 per participant (this includes lunch) and is limited to 30 participants.
- The fee for this Field Day must be paid for in advance.
- Travel and accommodation costs must be met by attendees.
Download the Field Day Poster below