Annual Returns for Charities Changing

  Posted on 5th July 2014 by Loralee Hyde in UFBA News

From 1 July 2014 all charities with a total gross income over $10,000 need to make the required payment before the process will be accepted as complete, Charities Services of the Department of Internal Affairs says.

At present when an annual return is filed, charities are sent a tax invoice to notify that payment is due.

“From 1 July 2014, when an Annual Return is filed by your charity (whether online or paper-based) you will need to make payment to complete the process. A tax receipt will then be issued and there will be no further action required,” the department says.
No payment is required from charities when filing their Annual Return if their total gross income is under $10,000.

The Annual Return asks for a copy of the charity’s financial accounts and includes a statement of the financial performance of the charity. This information will be available on the public Charities Register.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in (top right) or register.


here ×