Call for Challenge Panel Member
- Want to be at the heart of delivering Challenge events?
- Can you bring expertise and a positive, can-do attitude?
- Keen to bring Challenges to members across NZ?
Then consider applying to be a Challenge Panel Member.
This role is absolutely key to delivering and running our suite of Firefighter Combat, Waterway, Road Crash Rescue and Drivers Challenges. Working closely with the UFBA Events Team, Challenge Panel Leader and two other Challenge Panel Members, you’ll be part of a tight-knit team delivering one of our most popular services to fellow brigade members throughout New Zealand.
You’ll love logistics, relish risk management and thrive working in a team.
What is asked of in the role?
- You’ll commit to two years, attending all the Challenge events, plus some team planning throughout the year and up to two stock-takes at the UFBA HQ warehouse in Tawa, Wellington.
- There are the usual requirements you’d expect from the UFBA team when attending our events. You'll need to be reliable, have good communication skills, and be happy to take direction. You'll be approachable, a confident decision-maker and be willing to muck in.
- Challenge events run over weekends, although you’ll need to take a couple of days off in the week of the event for set up. Event dates are on the UFBA website to give an indication of dates you’ll be needed.
What’s in it for you?
- If you’ve been an official or helper at Challenge events, or are familiar with how they are run, this is a natural progression.
- You’ll learn new skills or hone those you already have.
- You’ll be part of a team and get to travel New Zealand.
- Our Challenge events present some of the best networking opportunities you’ll find in our sector.
- At the heart of this role is supporting your association to deliver Challenges that have been run for over 100 years! You’ll become part of our legacy!
- Panel Members get a small allowance so you are not out of pocket for the time you give.
Don’t delay – apply today!
To apply, please complete the application form linked below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 27 September 2021.