Membership representatives for the Standards of Conduct Policy workshop
The Independent Review includes recommendations around reviewing Fire and Emergency’s Standards of Conduct policy, and Managing Alleged Misconduct procedure/processes. They want to ensure their policies and procedures are fit for purpose and reflective of Fire and Emergency both now and in the future. Their Standards of Conduct policy is a foundational document which will set out what is expected of them, responsibilities of leaders, and connects to Fire and Emergency’s values and Code of Behaviour. They need to hear from their people about what is important to them at Fire and Emergency.
In the same way Fire and Emergency’s developed and designed the Code of Behaviour, they want to run a series of workshops with key stakeholder groups – including representatives from unions and associations, the women’s network, volunteer group, HR/ER/SHW, and the Respect and Inclusion Taskforce.
Membership reps on this working group are:
- Kim Hall, Station Officer and Brigade Secretary, Taradale Fire Brigade and Vice President, Hawkes Bay Fire Fighters Sub Assn
- Megan Devine, Advocacy and Support Advisor, UFBA
- Craig Meade, Senior Fire Fighter, Waitati Volunteer Fire Brigade
- Howard Cole QSM, CFO Maramarua VFB and Membership Advisory Panellist
- Ric Carlyon MNZM, DCFO Auckland Operational Support Unit, Chair of the Service and Ceremonial Committee