Disputes, complaints or conflict
UFBA/FRFANZ are recognised by Fire and Emergency New Zealand as key partners for providing advocacy and support services to our members.
We also have a high level of understanding of the processes of the two new Fire and Emergency NZ dispute resolution processes:
- Volunteer Issues Process
- Interim Dispute Resolution Process
Monday - Friday Freephone 0508 832 269
Download a summary of UFBA/FRFANZ Advocacy & Support Services here or below.
Advocating on Policy and Legislation
The UFBA actively represents and advances the interests of our members by advocating on policy and legislation at a governmental level.
Decisions made by the Government, Fire and Emergency New Zealand and other fire organisations can significantly impact the way brigades and fire forces function.
We stay up to date on issues that matter to our members and ensure their best interests are always kept in the forefront as decision makers introduce new procedures and policies.
UFBA was established expressly to represent and promote the interests of member fire brigades and fire forces.
Advocacy is the key to fulfilling this objective.
To set out the enduring high level principles we will follow to deliver effective advocacy, we have established a UFBA Advocacy Charter.
The principles include:
- The context for our advocacy and the actions we will take
- Target audiences - who we will proactively advocate the interests of our members and promote the cause of volunteerism to
- Ethical principles - the standards we will follow to deliver effective advocacy
- Member consultation - we will consult members to ensure we accurately portray the position of a majority of brigades
- Effectiveness - we will periodically assess our advocacy programme and determine opportunities for improvement.