Strong leadership skills are key to us working together to deliver essential fire and emergency services in our local communities. Enhance vital life skills at an interactive two-day UFBA Leadership Workshop.
Strong leadership is also needed to drive positive change in our culture, to maintain a brigade that is respectful, inclusive and supportive. You don't have to be a current brigade leader to benefit from this course, as content can support aspiring leaders or culture change champions.
Attendance at these workshops is fully-funded for brigade members - including accommodation and travel (terms and conditions apply).
A UFBA Leadership Workshop is an ideal opportunity to:
- Learn from leading expert in the field—Damian D’Cruz
- Develop new leadership and coaching techniques
- Strengthen your professional development
- Meet other like-minded brigade members from across the country
- Enhance skills that will benefit your personal life, career and fire and rescue services.
- 28-29 January 2022 – Palmerston North
- 18-19 February 2022 – Blenheim
- 11-12 March 2022 – Tauranga (new dates, full)
- 25-26 March 2022 – Greymouth (new dates)
We advertise new workshops across New Zealand throughout the year. Fire and Emergency has endorsed this course as a Volunteer Support Initiative.
Meet your facilitator Damian D’Cruz
A gifted facilitator from Mindspring, Damian specialises in leadership workshops for sports and not-for-profit organisations. He has designed and facilitated adult learning courses since 1992. Having led leadership training at the UFBA for nearly a decade, Damian understands the pressures faced by brigade members.
“I have learnt many new skills that I can use in my day-to-day Fire and Emergency NZ duties. This will help me grow as a leader and to develop the brigade to be better than it already is.” Ed Love, Southbridge Volunteer Fire Brigade
COVID-19 VACCINE DISCLAIMER: Under the NZ Government's COVID-19 Protection Framework (or Traffic Lights), all UFBA events require personnel attending to produce a valid vaccine certificate using the official My Vaccine Pass, upon arrival. The registration site will also require attendees to confirm they are full vaccinated for travel and accommodation booking purposes.