Seeking UFBA Rep for Women's Firefighter Development
The UFBA is seeking a representative to join the Fire and Emergency Women Firefighters’ Development Research Project Reference Group
Women’s Development and Te Ao Marama are working on a research project that looks at barriers and facilitators women firefighters face in their progression through their career and volunteer roles. The findings from this project will inform how frontline women firefighters can be supported effectively in terms of career experience, or in a wider sense, to create equal opportunities and an inclusive culture for women firefighters to progress to roles that they value.
Work so far:
Dr Elaine Mossman (Independent Evaluator) has been commissioned to do this piece of work.
She has completed:
- the scan of literature and key documents
- the analysis of the existing data (e.g. People Survey, Exit Survey, and Champions of Change)
- the interviews with internal key stakeholders to understand the context of operational women within Fire and Emergency.
She's now working on the detailed research plan and instruments.
- To establish the Project Reference Group (PRG)
- To share the detailed project plan with the PRG for their feedback
- To recruit participants
- To conduct interviews and focus group discussions with participants
If you're interested in representing the UFBA on this reference group, please complete the below Registration of Interest form and return to the Membership Advisory Panel (firstname.lastname@example.org) by COB Tuesday 2 August.