Technical Competency Framework
Update 8 December
Fire and Emergency has formed a working group to inform and assist with the design and development of the Technical Competency Framework. The Technical Competency Framework is being created to enable Fire and Emergency to appoint personnel to the ranks of Fire Commander and Assistant Fire Commander for built and natural environments.
Kevin Ihaka is the UFBA’s membership representative on Fire and Emergency’s Technical Competence Framework (TCF) Working Group
A support group for this project met twice before the working group’s most recent meeting on the 9th of December. The support group will consider any materials supplied by Fire and Emergency and ideally, agree a position to go forward to the next TCF working group meeting. This group may recommend wider member consultation or discussion with the MAP and/or UFBA management.
Members of the support group are:
- Matt Jones, SSO Milton VFB
- Tangonui Kingi, CFO Turangi
- Karl Lapwood, CFO Ngaruawahia VFB
- James Martin-Bond, SSO Thorndon Fire Station
- Darrell Trigg, CFO Ruakaka VFB
- Kevin Ihaka, UFBA Director, Group Lead and membership representative on FENZ TCF working group
A report of the meeting will be posted here as soon as it is available.